I originally created this blog to document my work on the family history of my grandmother, Maggie Goodfellow Story, later known as Madge Rogers. She was from Bewcastle. After it became evident that other family historians were attracted to the site, I invited them to share their memories and family histories from Bewcastle and the surrounding parishes. And so, it is evolving into a useful research tool for genealogists. Please note, if you want to read my original work, you will need to scroll down to the beginning of the blog and continue reading up.

If you have information that you would like to share here, or a question, you need to become a blog author and make a posting. To do this, contact me at rosemarydale3@yahoo.co.uk, and I will send you a permission. However, I can not respond to requests for further information or assistance.

Rosemary Dale




Wednesday, 30 May 2007

Bewcastle Links

Peter has asked in an email: Do you think we could ever find out about the Dales and whether they were descended from a race of kings also? Mmmmm, when you say "we", Peter, what did you have in mind? We'll have to see. I did interview Auntie Joan and Eleanor for their knowledge of the Rogers. And I got as much as I could from Dad about the Dales and Gibbons. Maybe I actually want to get a life instead of dwelling on past generations. Nah, probably not!

Want more information on Bewcastle while you are waiting with baited breath for more about Goodfellows and Forsters? And you can read the poem Lochinvar by Sir Walter Scott to see mention of the Forster clan.

No comments: