I originally created this blog to document my work on the family history of my grandmother, Maggie Goodfellow Story, later known as Madge Rogers. She was from Bewcastle. After it became evident that other family historians were attracted to the site, I invited them to share their memories and family histories from Bewcastle and the surrounding parishes. And so, it is evolving into a useful research tool for genealogists. Please note, if you want to read my original work, you will need to scroll down to the beginning of the blog and continue reading up.

If you have information that you would like to share here, or a question, you need to become a blog author and make a posting. To do this, contact me at rosemarydale3@yahoo.co.uk, and I will send you a permission. However, I can not respond to requests for further information or assistance.

Rosemary Dale




Wednesday, 30 May 2007

Privacy Issues

Great work Rosemary! In answer to your earlier comment - no, I don't think there are any privacy issues involved. The majority of people you have mentioned are now no longer with us and all the information is already in the public domain, and thus is freely available to anyone who wishes to research it.

Comments, memories & anecdotes, I suppose might be a grey area, but I really don't see this as a problem. Great to see the photos! Who is the other woman pictured with gran & our mothers? I'll see if I can find some more photos myself. Have a break you deserve it - but don't stop.

BFN, Robert

No comments: