I originally created this blog to document my work on the family history of my grandmother, Maggie Goodfellow Story, later known as Madge Rogers. She was from Bewcastle. After it became evident that other family historians were attracted to the site, I invited them to share their memories and family histories from Bewcastle and the surrounding parishes. And so, it is evolving into a useful research tool for genealogists. Please note, if you want to read my original work, you will need to scroll down to the beginning of the blog and continue reading up.

If you have information that you would like to share here, or a question, you need to become a blog author and make a posting. To do this, contact me at rosemarydale3@yahoo.co.uk, and I will send you a permission. However, I can not respond to requests for further information or assistance.

Rosemary Dale




Thursday, 5 July 2007

Back to the Routledges

Many thanks to Rosemary for inviting me to participate on the blog. Having polluted it with my photo on my first post, here's something that's maybe a little more useful.

The link here: http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/h/a/r/Steven-W-Harding/index.html takes you to my own family history website - and from there you'll be able to see what I've found out about the Goodfellows and then back to the Routledges. Like the Goodfellows, the Routledges were one of the main families in the Bewcastle area and were notorious Reivers when Bewcastle was part of the Debatable Lands.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

I am very frustrated that I cannot get to this. Any suggestions, anyone?

Rob said...

Rosemary - copy & paste the following into the address bar of your browser. It works - I've tried it.

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/h/a/r/Steven-W-Harding/index.html

The Blog is looking great - mum would have loved it! I'm still trying to find some suitable pics for you, but it's a bit of a panic trying to get packed up. I've sent you an email with my house details for interest.


Steven - hello - I'm Rosemary's (1st) cousin Rob & also live in London as does Rosemary's brother Peter. Perhaps we should all meet up? Maybe when Rosemary gets here next month?

Toodle pip!

Rob