I originally created this blog to document my work on the family history of my grandmother, Maggie Goodfellow Story, later known as Madge Rogers. She was from Bewcastle. After it became evident that other family historians were attracted to the site, I invited them to share their memories and family histories from Bewcastle and the surrounding parishes. And so, it is evolving into a useful research tool for genealogists. Please note, if you want to read my original work, you will need to scroll down to the beginning of the blog and continue reading up.

If you have information that you would like to share here, or a question, you need to become a blog author and make a posting. To do this, contact me at rosemarydale3@yahoo.co.uk, and I will send you a permission. However, I can not respond to requests for further information or assistance.

Rosemary Dale




Thursday, 5 July 2007

Beautiful Bewcastle



Here's something to whet Rosemary's appetite for her return to the UK - and something to raise the spirits of anyone who loves Bewcastle. It's Christianbury Crags.

The Crags rise above Bewcastle - and from them there is a stunning view across north Cumbria, Northumberland and over the border into Scotland. The Bewcastle Cross was quarried nearby. It's a long trek through the forest or across the fells from the Flatt (another of our ancestral homes) but on any day it's probably one of the most rewarding walks there is.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

New goal: have walked to Christianbury Crags by this time next year!

June said...

Too late for me unless I went into training! but could someone please tell me how to put a photo (I have them in Pikase) on to this blog?

Rosemary said...

June, directions over on the pudding blog. You are not listed as a contributor here yet.