I originally created this blog to document my work on the family history of my grandmother, Maggie Goodfellow Story, later known as Madge Rogers. She was from Bewcastle. After it became evident that other family historians were attracted to the site, I invited them to share their memories and family histories from Bewcastle and the surrounding parishes. And so, it is evolving into a useful research tool for genealogists. Please note, if you want to read my original work, you will need to scroll down to the beginning of the blog and continue reading up.

If you have information that you would like to share here, or a question, you need to become a blog author and make a posting. To do this, contact me at rosemarydale3@yahoo.co.uk, and I will send you a permission. However, I can not respond to requests for further information or assistance.

Rosemary Dale




Thursday, 5 July 2007

6 comments:

Steven Harding said...

I'm trying to put my photo on here like Rosemary but not sure if it's working - anyway this is me!

Rosemary said...

Welcome, Steven. It took me hours and hours the first time to get my photo on the profile. And then hours the second time because I couldn't remember how to do it. You have to copy the exactly right part of the HTML code of a photo and paste it in the photograph box on the profile. (Perhaps Nic can help?) I am noticing in my Google Analytics that there are a couple of other readers right now. Are they your family members?

Steven Harding said...

You're really testing me now! I can't see any analytics so I don't know I'm afraid...

Rosemary said...

As blog administrator, I can track how many visits are made to the blog. And it has increased in the last few days quite dramatically. So, I wondered if you had told people about it. Out of interest, what search did you make that came up with this address?

Steven Harding said...

I was just playing around - typed in something like "Goodfellow family history Bewcastle" and up you came!

Anonymous said...

stephen
just read your family tree and found it fascinating your mum and my dad were cousins and i have done some research into my fathers family but not through his maternal grandmother reading your research has opened up a whole new side of my family so cheers for that