I originally created this blog to document my work on the family history of my grandmother, Maggie Goodfellow Story, later known as Madge Rogers. She was from Bewcastle. After it became evident that other family historians were attracted to the site, I invited them to share their memories and family histories from Bewcastle and the surrounding parishes. And so, it is evolving into a useful research tool for genealogists. Please note, if you want to read my original work, you will need to scroll down to the beginning of the blog and continue reading up.

If you have information that you would like to share here, or a question, you need to become a blog author and make a posting. To do this, contact me at rosemarydale3@yahoo.co.uk, and I will send you a permission. However, I can not respond to requests for further information or assistance.

Rosemary Dale




Monday, 28 January 2008

Ewart Family

Hi,

I'm doing research on the Ewart Family and My great grandfather was Thomas Alexander Ewart.He was born in Plympton Township, Lambton County, Ontario, Canada on December 21,1873 to Thomas and Margaret Ewart. His father was the grandson of Thomas and Violet Ewart, who immigrated to Canada around 1820. I'm interested in tracing the Ewarts that stayed in England. I saw Mary Ewart Family tree on the June 28,2007 blog and interested in any information that she or anyone else can tell me about the Ewart Family.Thank you

Karen

2 comments:

June said...

I have checked the original of the chart I posted (Ewarts) and Thomas and Violet are on page 2 Thomas born 10-12-1771, Violet born 3-8-1794 Kirkandrews on Esk. both died in Cascades, Que.
Thomas is shown as son of George Ewart and Mary Morton (on page 3 of the chart) back to George Ewart and Janet Graham (also on page 3)top line. 'My' Ewart connection is from his brother George who marrid Ann Forster (page 3)

Anonymous said...

Yes I am a Ewart and I am trying to find out who is all my family and if you can give me some idea how to find out.My email is masterrickysmith@sbcglobal.net Thanks Stacy Ewart