I originally created this blog to document my work on the family history of my grandmother, Maggie Goodfellow Story, later known as Madge Rogers. She was from Bewcastle. After it became evident that other family historians were attracted to the site, I invited them to share their memories and family histories from Bewcastle and the surrounding parishes. And so, it is evolving into a useful research tool for genealogists. Please note, if you want to read my original work, you will need to scroll down to the beginning of the blog and continue reading up.

If you have information that you would like to share here, or a question, you need to become a blog author and make a posting. To do this, contact me at rosemarydale3@yahoo.co.uk, and I will send you a permission. However, I can not respond to requests for further information or assistance.

Rosemary Dale




Sunday, 25 October 2009

Farms and Cottages

I pieced this map together from printing off 4 inch OS online maps and taping them together (while I was in America). Then I scanned the result into my computer. As I researched my Bewcastle family history, it was great to be able to locate the homes which showed up in church records and census information. Some of these farms and cottages were mentioned in the stories my Grandma would tell me of her childhood. I loved to listen to these stories when I was a child. Now I wish I could remember everything she spoke of. I think this map is worth re-posting here.

(Click on the map to enlarge.)

No comments: