I originally created this blog to document my work on the family history of my grandmother, Maggie Goodfellow Story, later known as Madge Rogers. She was from Bewcastle. After it became evident that other family historians were attracted to the site, I invited them to share their memories and family histories from Bewcastle and the surrounding parishes. And so, it is evolving into a useful research tool for genealogists. Please note, if you want to read my original work, you will need to scroll down to the beginning of the blog and continue reading up.

If you have information that you would like to share here, or a question, you need to become a blog author and make a posting. To do this, contact me at rosemarydale3@yahoo.co.uk, and I will send you a permission. However, I can not respond to requests for further information or assistance.

Rosemary Dale




Thursday, 29 October 2009

A Note from Rosemary

In 2007 I returned to the UK, after living 34 years in the U.S., to care for my elderly father. My Dad passed away last September but I am still here in Northumberland. My youngest son has been living here with me for the last year. We discovered that he had been a dual citizen all along, as am I.

What with one thing and another, I took quite a break from my family history research. Unfortunately, I have not yet got all my Bewcastle materials here. But, hopefully, when I visit the States in February, I can carry back with me all my copies of the Bewcastle Journal, the Knowe church record transcript, the St. Cuthbert's transcript and more. (A lovely photo of St. Cuthbert's can be found on the church profile, linked on the Bewcastle site.)

I have spent a bit of time during my half-term week (I am back working in a school), updating this blog. I think you will receive notification of any new posts on the blog, if you sign up as a follower. The link is on the left hand side of this page.

Happy digging,

Rosemary

1 comment:

June said...

tiomteMonths since I 'visited' Rosemary... I guess you heard that Aurea Ellit Telford died in Newcastleton, on Nov. 23 '09.
I am much saddened by this loss to our extended families.